There are five variations of monsters: Standard, Super, Mega, Hyper, and Ultra. ALL versions above standard take double the capture dice to subdue. They look like their original versions but can be different in size, color and HP, but may also appear as they normally should. When captured and put into your party, monsters keep their different colors, but their size and stats remain the same as normal units.
There are currently 306 monsters in the game database :
- 246 monsters known and catchable (or buyable with uncut dice)
- 50 bosses
- 1 special (Missing Glitch)
- 9 monsters are either unknown or uncatchable for now
Monster catching and Monster Catcher are explained in the Manual
A monster's rank determines the maximum level it can train up to. There are 5 ranks:
- S: max level 99
- A: max level 70
- B: max level 40
- C: max level 20
- D: max level 10
All monsters caught in the wild are rank D. To rank them up, you need to Enhance monsters by giving them DNA samples collected from the same monster. The basic steps are as follows:
- Catch another copy of the monster you want to Enhance; variations do not matter (colours, Mega, etc).
- If your hero has no open slots, you will immediately receive the DNA sample and some gold.
- After the battle, release the captured monster.
- Go to the DNA screen:
- If the monster is in your party, select Enhance below them.
- If you are in the Home Town, select the monster and click the DNA house.
- It will show Boost Rank instead of Absorb DNA if you select the same monster.
Monster List Edit
To view monsters in specified groups, select from the appropriate category below:
Monster Hunter Exclusives Edit
Weekly Monsters Exclusives Edit
By element Edit
By core dice Edit
- Attack | Double Attack | Triple Attack | Quadruple Attack
- Poison | Double Poison | Triple Poison
- Poison All | Double Poison All | Triple Poison All
- Fire Attack | Double Fire Attack | Triple Fire Attack | Quadruple Fire Attack
- Forest Attack | Double Forest Attack | Triple Forest Attack | Quadruple Forest Attack
- Water Attack | Double Water Attack | Triple Water Attack | Quadruple Water Attack
- (core die unknown)
By dice sets / Templates Edit
- 15 Dice Sets
- Template A | Template B | Template C | Template D | Template E
- Template F | Template G | Template H | Template I | Template J
- Template K | Template L | Template M | Template N | Template O
- Template P | Template Q | Template R | Template S | Template T
- Template U | Template V | Template W | Template X
- 6-12 Dice Sets
- 5 Dice Sets
- template unknown
By page Edit
Monster Info (Monster Capture Reference)